Hello dear Readers,
I just want to do a quick update on where I am on my Reading Challenges.
As in the last two years, I am doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge. My goal is to read 50 books in 2015. As of today, I have read 27 of 50. I am 54% on my challenge and 7 books ahead of schedule.
These 27 books include: 3 audiobooks, 2 graphic novels and 22 books (physical, e-books and ARC copies I received for review). I do not own all of them. I have been checking out books from the library which was one of my goals at the beginning of the year, to use the library more than I did last year. In this area, I am doing ok but not as good as I was hoping. I have bought too many books this year.
The Book Riot Harder Challenge its being really fun to do. And also very interesting because I have read books that I never though about reading or I should say, types of books that I never thought of reading. Sci-Fi, Graphich Novels, Authors from Africa, books re-telling a classic, Thanks to this challlenge now I know what a guilty pleasure book means and what a Microhistory type of book is.
The challenge consists of 24 tasks. I have completed 16 of the 24.
1. A book by a person whose genre is different from yours.
2. A book by an Author from Africa
3. A YA Novel
4. A Romance Novel
5. A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize, or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade
6. A book that is retelling of a classic (fairytale, shakespearian, play, classic, novel, etc)
7. An Audiobook
8. A collection of Poetry
9. A book that someone else recommended to you
10. A book that was originally published in another language
11. A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind
12. A book that you would consider a guilty pleasure
13. A book published this year
14. A self-improvement book
15. A sci-fi novel
16. A collection of short stories (either by one person or an anthology by many people
If you want to know more about Book Riot and about this challenge, you can visit their website at www.bookriot.com. There is also a group discussion on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/152441-book-riot-s-read-harder-challenge